As summer progresses, we’re finding more and more in-person events emerging throughout the Champaign/Urbana area. If you’re looking to enjoy quality family time out of the house, there are finally options to safely enjoy!
It’s National Famers’ Market week! Here are some of our favorite markets in the area!
- Urbana's Market at the Square – Fresh produce, baked goods, and meats that can’t be found elsewhere! Enjoy your Saturday at the largest market in the area from 7:00 am-noon.
- Mohomet Farmers' Market – Head to the Mohomet market from 8:00 – 11:00 on Saturday and get your fix of produce, bread, and homemade crafts and baked goods! This market runs through October and also features local food trucks each week.
- Arcola Market – Take a trip down to Arcola on Saturday morning to enjoy the last market of the summer! The market is known for its unique items from local artisans. The event is under the pavilion downtown and will go on rain or shine from 9:00 am-noon!
- Galt and Kerr at Huber's West End Store – Enjoy a relaxing Friday evening on the parking lot patio of Huber’s from 6:00 – 9:00 with Galt and Kerr, a local favorite acoustic duo! Masks are required when not eating or drinking.
- Gavin Stolte at Riggs Beer Company – Gavin Stolte has been a local music legend for nearly 40 years and this Saturday he’ll be live at Riggs Beer Company from 6:00 – 8:00.
- Love Sign LIVE at Alto Vineyards – Enjoy your Saturday in style at Alto Vineyards’ outdoor Music Under the Stars concert series! This week, the band Love Sign will be featured from 7:00 – 10:00.
- Corduroy & Co: Live & Socially Spaced – From 8:00 pm – 11:00 pm at Pour Bros. Craft Taproom, let loose on the dance floor while listening to covers of all of the hits! From AC/DC to Mumford and Sons, Corduroy & Co can perform it all!
- New Twang City at Huber's West End Store – This Saturday night from 6:30 – 9:00, enjoy New Twang City on the parking lot patio! As previously mentioned, masks are required when not eating or drinking.
Other Fun and Family Friendly Events!
- Taste of Champaign - Urbana – Due to the current COVID19 climate, the 50th anniversary of this event will be held virtually this year. What will this look like? Well, you can access the list of participating vendors and, instead of setting up stands in the park, they’ll be featured on the event’s social media pages and offering community discounts and samples to those who choose to have a taste at their restaurant/business.
- Virtual Crystal Lake Park Art Fair – The annual Crystal Lake Park Art Fair will be virtual this year, due to the current pandemic. In order to continue to support their inspiring local artists, they are encouraging art enthusiasts to stroll through their virtual park on their website this Saturday from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. All artwork exhibited is available for purchase and made by local artists!
- Jim Gill's Music Play: An End-Of-Summer Celebration Concert – Join Jim Gill on Saturday the 8th at 9:00 am on the Urbana Library’s Facebook page. Jim is an award-winning musician and author and no one can lead your kids in music and storytime quite like he can, even virtually!
- Friday Night Racing at Farmer City Raceway – Gates open at 4:00 pm on Saturday and the racing ends at 9:30. Enjoy a night of stock racing and admire the classics!
- Take the kids to South Ridge park to participate in a popular Story Walk!. Walks will be taking place on Sunday from noon – 7:00 pm. Families can take a relaxing walk about the park while reading stories, which will be displayed around the paths, written by families and individuals in the community.
Enjoy this beautiful August weekend and everything that Champaign and Urbana have to offer!
For all of the latest events throughout the rest of the summer, make sure to visit my website and follow me on Facebook!